Mind, Body & Soil
This series of five weekly one-hour virtual sessions teaches you how to kickstart your garden while promoting mental and emotional wellbeing.
Therapeutic Horticulture is the purposeful use of plants and plant-related activities to promote health and wellness for an individual or group. Engaging with plants can improve mental well-being, increase physical activity, and reduce social isolation.
Follow along with a Horticultural Therapy Practitioner as we explore these session topics:
- Kitchen Gardening: saving seeds, assessing the self and the environment & building a safe space
- Emotions and Choices in the Garden: companion planting, colour theory & emotional naming
- Seed Starting and Choosing Plants: seed starting demo, assessing the garden space & goal setting
- Plants and People: plant care, self care, communication & listening skills
- Transition and Change: transplanting & handling change
In collaboration with:
It was so interesting and Jessie Zimmerling is brilliant - she is a young girl who has an enormous amount of knowledge. She has educated us enormously and it is so easy to listen and learn with her. She speaks slowly and clearly and with confidence. Very very good program - I highly recommend.
— Christine Tekela
The presenter was excellent, very engaging, had fun facts, was funny and really enjoyed herself too. You could tell she was passionate about the subjects!
— Brenda Lant-Humby
Best Ottawa Business (BOBS) Award Winner
Root in Nature is grateful to be selected as one of the Ventures working on the World’s To-Do List by Coralus Activators! We will be receiving support from radically generous Activators, including funding, connections and relationships to grow our impact.