Root in Nature connects people with the healing power of plants to improve their mental, physical and emotional wellbeing.
The benefits of Horticultural Therapy
Cognitive and Intellectual
- Improves self-esteem and reduces depression
- Improves sleep and cognitive issues in dementia patients
- Increases engagement and improves mood
- Supports cardiovascular health
- Modifies progression of coronary heart disease by addressing associated anxiety and stress
- Boosts the absorption and retention of Vitamin D
- Protects and preserves mental health
- Helps to maintain a sense of purpose, confidence and worth
- Improves mood state and fosters emotional restoration
- Reduces isolation by increasing social connections and interacting in a group setting
- Promotes a sense of inclusion and belonging
- Builds connections
- Prevents boredom and provides stimulation of sensory perceptions
- Stimulates creativity by engaging in creative exercises
- Fosters imagination
- Connect to past and personal history
- Generates meaning through engagement in purposeful activities
- Fosters gratitude
Earth in your hands, peace in your mind.
Efficient, effective and all natural.
Improve the mental health of your patients or residents with engaging, affordable and easy-to-implement programs and activities. With just a couple of hours of training, you will be able to bring the power of plants to the benefit of those in your care.
Garden of knowledge.
Intro to Therapeutic Horticulture Course
This virtual, self-paced course teaches how to facilitate, adapt and evaluate therapeutic horticulture activities. It also provides foundational horticulture and safety training and equips students with the skills to facilitate activities with individual clients and small groups.
Programs & Services
Join the Community
GrowTH – Grow Therapeutic Horticulture is a supportive online international community of horticultural therapists, practitioners, and other professionals delivering plant and nature-rooted sessions.
Clients & collaborators
We love hearing from you!
Root in Nature connects people with the healing power of plants to improve their overall mental, physical and emotional wellbeing.
Our online GrowTH community provides members with access to a database of activities, events and resources, as well as a place to connect with horticultural therapists from around the world.
Latest from the blog
This guide will illuminate the lesser-known characteristics of some common plants, explore what you should do if a participant comes into contact with poisonous plants and safety tips you should implement in your therapeutic practice.
Discover the transformative world of therapeutic horticulture with our comprehensive and self-paced online learning course, designed for recreation therapists and other allied health professionals seeking to harness the profound potential of plants and gardening in their therapeutic approach.
In a world where stress and mental health issues are on the rise, Root in Nature is on a mission to strengthen human health through the power of plants and
If you’re looking for a way to incorporate more sustainable and natural practices into this season without sacrificing your traditional activities, consider making your own dyes from fruits and vegetables!
Enhancing health and productivity at work through connection to the natural world. As we transition out of what feels like a never-ending pandemic period, team members are expecting something very